Saturday, March 08, 2014

Mermaid Nails

Happy Saturday, friends!

The other day while painting this design, I had one of those moments where everything I did, I had to undo. I started out with one design in mind, but changed it 4 more times after. I'm glad the final design worked its way through and resulted in something that I like. :) I hope you like it too!

The colours I used were Essie Bikini So Teeny, a beautiful pastel periwinkle blue, Shimmer Polish Leslie, a sparkly aqua, baby blue, and silver glitter polish, and Liquid Sky Lacquer Teal It Like It Is, a holographic teal thermal polish. Shimmer Polish can be found here and Liquid Sky Lacquer can be found here


I did a slight ombré on my index and pinky nail with Bikini So Teeny and Teal It Like It Is and handpainted fish scales and a mermaid silhouette on the other fingers.

Teal It Like It Is changes from a dark teal when cold to light aqua when warm.

Here is the cold state:

And here is the warm state. You can see that the ombré nails also changed slightly.

Thermal polishes are also called mood changing polishes because they are similar to mood rings that change colour depending on your body temperature.







No comments:

Post a Comment