Saturday, March 01, 2014

LVX Spring 2014 D'Orsay and Truffle Polish Review

Hi hi!

If you're feeling the chill like me in Canada, you're probably yearning for some warm sun. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with the arrival of some fabulous Spring nail polish collections. The bright, warm colours give me hope that I can shed my winter parka soon!

Today I have some beautiful colours from one of my favourite brands, LVX. Their polishes are inspired by fashion trends, straight from the runways of Paris and New York. They are also non-toxic and 5-free, meaning they contain no Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, Toluene, DBP, and Camphor, which are the more toxic chemicals found in some nail polishes. LVX products are also vegan (not made with any animal by-products) and cruelty-free (not tested on animals). More information on LVX products can be found on their website www.shoplvx.com

This is the entire Spring 2014 collection, along with the 3 in 1 Treatment which is reviewed in another post. 


The first colour I want to show you is D'Orsay, a pretty nude cream with peach and yellow undertones. This had great coverage and was completely opaque in 2 coats.
This is such a classy, clean colour. I will definitely be sporting this in the Spring.
Here's a manicure with a gold damask-style accent nail.

Next up is Truffle, a warm, earthy gray with brown undertones. This is such a unique colour that provides a twist to a neutral nail colour. 
Again, perfect application with full opacity in 2 coats. So pretty!
Here's a manicure I did using the distressed technique. 
I'm in love with these 2 neutrals in the Spring 2014 Collection. They are classy and unique and provide a perfect palette cleanser from using bright colours. Visit LVX's website for more details on other polishes and how you can purchase them. Two more colours are featured in the next post! 

Happy painting!
Shay












No comments:

Post a Comment