Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Liquid Sky Lacquer Just Lucky

Gung hay fat choy! Happy Chinese/Lunar New Year! For this post, I did a special horse manicure for Chinese/Lunar New Year, featuring a wonderful thermal polish by Liquid Sky Lacquer. This polish is called Just Lucky and it was made especially for the New Year. It's a warm yellow gold when warm and changes to a bright red when cold. There is beautiful gold shimmer throughout which is visible in the cold and warm state.
Liquid Sky Lacquers can be purchased at: http://www.liquidskylacquer.bigcartel.com


I applied 4 thin coats plus top coat on the middle and ring fingers. On the index and pinky, I applied Zoya Shay, a nude pink base, then 2 thin layers of Just Lucky. As Just Lucky is quite shear when it is in its warm state, to avoid visible nail line, I would recommend applying a thin layer of a nude creme first. This will allow you to save how much Just Lucky you apply.

Here's a picture of warm state, gold, and cold state, red.

This is a picture as the polish is transitioning. I love thermal polishes because of the built in French tip that develops when it's transitioning. 

Here is the warm state again:

And the beautiful cold state:

I'm so glad it's winter right now because I have so much fun watching the colour change as I go outside. The transition is so quick too! The best thermal polishes are the ones that are most sensitive to temperature change.

This polish is so pretty and unique. I'm a huge fan of Carolyn, the maker of Liquid Sky Lacquer. She is very creative and very sweet. I would definitely recommend her indie brand!

Visit her website for details!

And may this year of the Horse bring you much luck and prosperity! 🐴 ❤️





No comments:

Post a Comment